10/11/10

Unintentional blog break

My apologies for a week or so off.  I had some emergency sewing to do for an event that my family was to attend and my daughter and I needed formal dresses.  So, I dove into my stash and cozied up to my sewing machine for a while.

Here are the results...

This is myself and my cutie daughter, Lily, in our new gowns. 
Lily's dress was made out of royal purple satin.  It had a criss cross back and a circular skirt with black crinoline underskirt.

My gown was done in purple tissue taffeta.  It has a sweetheart neckline and was embellished with vintage black chantilly lace. 
I am most proud of the fact that I did not purchase anything to make these dresses except for 1 zipper.  All the other materials I had left over from previous projects.  Yay for upcycling!

No comments: