10/6/13

Custom Dressmaking Video

Here is my first ever video with Peer Canvas.  This video gives a little insight into what I do - bringing a dress from concept to creation.  I love what I do, and I'm honored to work with other artists who appreciate my work.  It is always a pleasure working with Marjorie and Brenton of Peer Canvas.  They understand the creative process and their pictures and videos show just how magical the experience of wearing a fairy tale gown can be.

The gown I am working on in this video is a chiffon a-line gown with hand - beaded detailing on the bodice.  My favorite part of making this gown was the bead work.  I hand drew the design and embroidered the "stems" of the design by machine.  I hand beaded the floral and leaf details using a combination of seed beads, pearls, and faceted beads in silver.  

No comments: