3/12/13

Photo Shoot

It's not every day I get to feel as though my vision is truly coming to life quite like it did yesterday during this photo shoot with the fantastic Marjorie of Peer Canvas.  This shoot featured some of my original designs, this one pictured being from my senior year of design school.  This collection was inspired by the late 19teens and Erte illustrations.  I loved the sumptuous fabrics being used during this time period, the mixing of textures, and the slinky, sexy sense of fashion that was so luxurious.

The red charmeuse slip dress is paired with an over piece of black chiffon which is hand beaded and belted at the hip in a brocade fabric.  Other items in the collection included a faux surplice slip dress, a charmeuse pants suit, and three kimono style jackets made from black satin, red brocade, and trimmed in recycled fur.


A big thank you goes out to Marjorie for her professionalism and enthusiasm.  I'd also like to thank Jessica Timmons for doing such a great job with my make up and hair.I felt like a model for just a little while.  It was a fun day and very inspiring shoot!

No comments: