1/25/11

A hat story

A few years ago I was given a large box of old hats. These were very cool and spanned through the 40's, 50's, and 60's.   Some were in good condition, others needed a little love, and what intrigued me the most was that many were in various stages of completion.

Whoever owned these hats previously not only loved to collect them but enjoyed making them as well.  I felt quite sentimental going through it all, noticing where pins were still left in and fabric was draped, waiting to be finished at a later time and never was.  This is the kind of thing that really pulls on my heart strings. 

unfinished hats


 I've enjoyed having the opportunity to examine these hats, but felt that they would be better served if they were shared with others.  So, given the opportunity to have some fun with my millinery skills, I've been fixing them up, refinishing, and making them available to purchase through my Etsy store. 

I will continue to post pictures as more hats are finished.

No comments: